Updated: 8 April 2020
COVID-19 fee support
Catholic Education Western Australia recognises we are living through an unprecedented time in our history and that the social and economic impact of the Covid-19 virus has been significant.
Catholic schools term two
Term Two will commence as scheduled for all Catholic schools in Western Australia. Learning will be delivered remotely and all parents and caregivers are encouraged to keep their children home.
Parents and caregivers who are engaged in essential services or who are required to work outside their home to maintain employment may choose to send their children to school, if they are unable to care for them at home.
Catholic schools will continue to ensure a quality education, supporting all our students learning remotely from home, as well as those students who may be at school. Some staff may be working from home, or from the school, as appropriate.
Parents and caregivers continue to play an important hands-on role in assisting children in engaging in learning at this time, as well as supporting them through any anxiety or worry they may be feeling. Parents are not expected to take the place of teachers, but to support the teachers as they deliver the curriculum and provide pastoral care in the most engaging way possible, albeit remotely.
Initial planning is for remote delivery of learning for the first four weeks of Term Two, with the potential for this to be extended as required, as we journey together through this challenging time.
CEWA remains committed to the care and wellbeing of our Catholic school students and the broader community, especially those most vulnerable who must remain our first priority.
For more information
- Visit the Healthy WA COVID-19 website for more information and details about the Novel coronavirus
- Call the Novel coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
- For general or travel related queries about Novel coronavirus please go to the healthdirect website
- You can also visit the World Health Organisation website for more information about the Novel coronavirus and for updates
- Talk to your local GP or Community Health Centre
Additional support services include:
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800
- Headspace – 1800 650 890
- Parent Helpline – 1300 1300 52
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
- Lifeline – 13 11 14